Uncategorized ephraim on 03 Jun 2009 12:55 pm
We’ve been listening to what users of social media really want, and especially our community of fringsters and we came up with some new solutions mashing up all your separate communities of friends into one manageable, mobile interface via fring. It’s all happening in our new version 3.40 launching today.
A lot of people now have several social circles developing in parallel. From now on, fring lets you easily create one rich, dynamic profile for each of your contacts so you can see what anyone is up to at a glance, and interact via all your mutual social networks/services directly from one combined profile. It’s all happening on fring!
So what does it mean?
• No more multiple listings for the same friend!
• Viewing a fringster’s profile, you can see whether he’s currently available via fring, Skype or MSN, and other IM services.
• We “hint” you when a friend from your regular phone book or another social network like Skype, AIM etc is also a fringster so you can add them to your fring friend list and complete their personal profile.
• You can control how your fring world sees you! You can update your own fring profile photo, mood status and nick name
How do you do it?
• To merge together multiple contacts, follow these steps: In buddy list, select the user you want to merge > Go to “Manage buddies” –> “Merge buddies” –> it will take you to your buddy list. Scroll down to other names for the same contact that you’d like to merge –> Click OK to check the box next to each –> Hit Save. You’re done
• To update your profile click on Options–> Edit my profile–> Options–> and choose Update picture/ Update mood text/ Change nickname.
• When initially registering to fring, you will be alerted of all your GSM and social community friends who are already fringsters. Once you start using fring, we’ll let you know when other friends become fringsters by clicking Options –> Manage buddies –> Friend finder.
These new features currently work on all Symbian devices; Windows Mobile and iPhone are coming soon. Get your new version today.
A full feature- list for the new version can be found here.
Official press release is available here.
Have fun – and as always, let us know how the new unifying fring works for you!