After weeks of speculation, rumors and alpha testing with our much-appreciated early access group, we are finally out with the 1st ever fring for Android!
Android device users can now get onto fring (we know you’re been missing us since some of you recently switched to Android devices ) with (the first) free VoIP calls over Skype, MSN and GoogleTalk and via hundreds of SIP providers. As always you can see real-time presence and live chat with your ICQ, Yahoo! And AIM buddies too. You can also use Twitter there, as part of your integrated contact list.
fring on android works over 3G, GPRS or Wi-Fi internet connection.
What do you need to do to get your hands on this brand-new version?
You have 2 simple options for getting fring onto your Android device:
1. Get it directly from the Android Market:
• Start the Market application on your phone
• Search for fring and install
2. Get it from fring’s WAP site:
• On your Android phone, go to Settings > Applications and check the box to allow ’unknown sources’
• Point your phone browser to m.fring.com and download
A big thank you to our early access group for your invaluable feedback over the past few weeks!
Welcome to the big, happy, free fring family fringdroid-ers!
Known Issues (Will be fixed in the next version):
- GSM contacts do not appear in fring’s buddy list on the Motorola DROID device
- Call disconnection tone may be heard a few times when terminating a call
- SIP and SkypeOut calls are not yet available on the Motorola DROID device