Listen up Symbian & Android fringsters!
As you know, at fring we keep listening to your requests and aside from bringing you the latest and brightest your mobile can offer- we work hard to improve what’s already out there.
Symbian users- pay attention…
- Changing your status is now as easy as 1,2,3. Let your friends know if you are online, offline, busy, or you can just stay invisible if you don’t want to be disturbed; all in the click of a button!
- And yes- you’ve been asking for it and it’s finally here- DTMF. Now dialing “#” (“pound”) and “*” sign (“star”) is possible to use within a call through the new fring dialer.
*Bonuses for our Nokia touch users…
- Twitter 2.0 just got a brand-new look, making it easier for you to post your tweets, re-tweet and follow friend’s, from wherever you are. See full tweets and links on one screen & easily navigate between them.
- Like your chats to be even livelier? You’ll love live links inside your fring chat.
Also as you may recall, we previously launched our in-chat advertising a few months ago. Now we are expanding our ads campaign into additional Symbian devices.
Android users- worry not, we are not leaving you out. A new and improved version is now out for you too. The new version includes voice, connectivity and stability improvements in addition to the following requested settings:
- Hide/Show offline buddies
- Hide/Show address book
- Privacy settings for IM signature and mood message
- A fix for the audio issues on Motorola DROID and Milestone
- Better support for Google’s Nexus One
- Bug fixes (thank you all for your feedback!)
See full list of new Symbian version 4.1 & Android version 126.96.36.199 features here.
Download the new versions today!
We know that some of you are still waiting for more devices to be supported with video calls (yes yes, E71 users… we know you’re out there), so the news is that we’re working on it. We’ll be supporting more devices soon so stay tuned.
We are kicking in the New Year with more customer satisfaction improvements that you’ve been asking for…so keep following our news for lots of surprises coming up in 2010.