News ephraim on 15 Mar 2007 04:35 pm
fring now supports SIP (version 3.0)!
You can now use your SIP account even from non-SIP enabled phones.
Choose whichever SIP provider you have and in just few clicks, start using this account to make calls to landlines, GSM phones, or to other SIP providers. Whatâ€™s more, fring allows you to easily switch between them, without having to reconfigure your handset through a nightmarish process. Whether it is the GizmoProject, FWD, or any other SIP provider, fring is open to any SIP solution out there (as far as we knowâ€¦. )
Other features youâ€™ve requested:
- Unicode- all of those funny characters that appear as names should now be real letters! Of course it works on chat as well.
- Blocked MSN users will no longer appear in your fring contact list and will remain as they should be â€“ blocked
- Other bugs have also been fixedÂ
If you want to be one of the first to check out this version, youâ€™ll have to download fring again.Â If not, youâ€™ll receive an auto-update sometime very soon.
Known Issues for V 3.01 Symbian-9, V 3.00 Symbian- 8:
- After calling an MSN buddy, you should wait approximately 30 seconds before attempting to call the same MSN buddy
- fring might freeze while trying to exit the application during a GSM call
- Symbian 8 – If you receive an SMS or any other sound event during a fring call, the call will mute (Next call will be fine)
We’ll appreciate any feedback regarding this new feature – happy fringing!