News ephraim on 18 Oct 2012 11:39 pm
We’ve just released a new version of fring, on a new, robust platform that’s better, faster and simpler for our users.
The new version of fring on this new platform will provide you with
- a better quality of service making all fring communication faster and easier
- a new & improved user interface (let us know what you think of our new look!)
- improved video call quality based on your real-time bandwidth / network conditions
- a faster and simplified registration process (via phone number – instead of userID / passwords)
* We realize there are glitches and bugs moving such a large customer base to a new platform. We’re working around the clock to fix bugs and provide you all with the best possible service. *
In addition to the features you already enjoy using (like free calls, messaging video calls, group video, and almost free calls to landlines & mobiles worldwide with fringOut) we’ve also added some new features like group calls, auto-friend discovery, and more.
It’s very easy to upgrade to the new fring. Just upgrade the new version from the iPhone App Store or Google Play. (Symbian – coming soon… stay tuned! Note if you upgrade now and have friends on Nokia devices, you will be able to see them and communicate with them within a couple of weeks once Symbian is supported).
As you can see in this 30-second demo, all your current fring Contacts & fringOut credit with automatically transfer to the new version for you.
We’re very excited about this new version and the new look – and hope you enjoy it too!
Ben Horesh – Director of Product, fring